Monday, May 11, 2009

california

we just got back
from a fabulous
trip to disneyland
and newport beach,
with dave's lovely family.

i'm embarrassed
to admit this, but
i now understand when
people say how
"magical" disneyland
is...last year was my
very first time
going and i was
almost eight months
pregnant...not so
magical.

this time we got to
do everything
and even better,
we had little bennett
with us which made
it even more fun.

hotel: right across
the street.
food: yummy
(how could it not
be if it's shaped
like mickey mouse ears?)
family: hilarious
and so fun to
vacation with.
the beach: fantastic
even though i swallowed
a gallon of sea water.
disneyland: magical
(i almost teared up
when tinkerbell came
flying out during the
fireworks...sigh.)

little b had lots
of favorites on
the trip also:
the dancing parade,
going on rides with
"gamma & gammpa",
gazing at sam (he adores sam)
being buried in the
sand...and eating
the sand...several
times...
video
thanks, van and betsy,
for a super fun trip!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Andy and I were just talking TONIGHT about how we miss Disneyland and want to go back this instant. Glad you had fun--it is a magical place. Especially with your kids.

CORY said...

Oh, I love the video! He is just my favorite little boy.

I'm so glad you had fun. I want to hear all about it (as you mentioned briefly above) but in in a painfully lengthy manner.

Love you!
Cory

Steve and Nery said...

Adorable! I like the video. I caught myself reaching over to try to wipe off the sand from his cute little mouth.Glad you guys had fun & are safe home. Love, Lola

tycee said...

How fun! Rich talked to Dave after you got back and heard what a "hi" Bennett was on from going on all the rides. I love that video! You two are such cute parents.

Lisa said...

Great Video!! B is such a cutie! I am totally green with envy...Gald you had fun!

Goodman Family said...

Your little blog is cute, and you boy is adorable, it was so good to finally meet you at Brandon's wedding. I can't wait to see the pics. With us living so close we really should do something sometime.
CUTE!CUTE!CUTE!

SARAH said...

I think it would be the best EVER to go on a vacation with you guys. Tearing up at Tinkerbell? I love it.

Derk & Jen said...

How fun! He is soooooo cute.