Thursday, October 22, 2009

Deep in the Mind of Catie Pilkington


The Subject- Mrs. Pilkington
The Inquisitor- Cory

I asked the subject a series of very important questions. I also asked that she not sensor herself as well as give her first response or thought. Gather round, ladies and gentlemen as this titillating experiment unfolds.

Question: "What would you have named yourself if given the choice?"
Answer: (The subject proceeded to take twenty minutes to decide.) "Sunny Pavement."
My take: That's weird. Would her first name be Sunny and her middle name be Pavement? Interesting.

Question: "What's the worst thing you've ever done to anybody?"
Answer: "I joined with my best friend in 5th grade and purposefully excluded a girl that was mean to us. She ended up switching schools because of it."
My take: Wow. Real mature

Question: "What is your idea of the perfect day?"
Answer: "Sleeping in, Dave gets to stay home, we go play around town with Bennett, maybe come back and take a nap, eat Indian food, watch LOST, make a music video with Dave, and somewhere in the middle of there, we'd of course see Cory."
My take: I was worried how I was going to fit in there, but I'm glad I did.

Question: "Now that you've gotten to know Bennett, what do you think you can predict in his future?"
Answer: "He'll most definitely play soccer, be obsessed with snakes, be charming and handsome and hilarious, and love eating bananas. So basically he'll be a carbon copy of Dave."
My take: Throw in the love of Chocolate Milk, Baths with pieces and you've got a dead ringer for Dave.

Question: "What is one place in the world that you haven't visited but you could see yourself living?"
Answer: "I can't. I have to have a plan. Thinking about that makes me have an ulcer."
My take: Responsible answer. I'll give it to her.

Question: "What profession (besides being a Mother) would you prefer most of all and why?"
Answer: "Probably a photographer because I'd love to learn about it and I love being able to see how I can capture people."
My take: I would guessed a talk show host. Which leads to my next question.

Question: "If you were a talk show host and had to make a line up of two guests and one musical act, who you would pick? What order would they go in? What question would you ask each of them. (Music- what song would you have them sing?)"
Answer:
1- Ellen Degeneres would go first because she is probably the funniest person alive. I would start the interview by dancing and I wouldn't ask her anything. I would just want her to improv because she is so quick and witty.

2- I would then have a group interview with the entire cast of 'Arrested Development' because I am dying to see how they interact with each other and see how it would be behind the scenes. It is so hilarious on t.v. that I can't imagine how much funnier it would be to see in real life. "Who do you all think is the funniest person." is what I would ask them as a group.

3- The musical guest would be Amos Lee and would have him sing 'Black River'. And then I would ask if I could sing with him.

My thoughts: She cheated on the guest # 2 but I'll let it slide.

Question: "What would be the worst dare someone could give you if you knew you HAD to do it?"
Answer: "Anything that would include me being in a swimsuit in front of people."
My take: Amen sister. Me too.

Question: "Let's say you have a cousin you Hate. They are going to die if they don't get a kidney. Everyone does blood testing and nobody is a match. A) would you even be tested to see if you were a match and B) If you were a match would you give him/her your kidney?"
Answer: "Yes and Yes, because I wouldn't be able to live with myself...and I'd secure a place for myself in heaven"
My take: What if your other kidney goes bad. Then you're screwed. When in doubt, keep your organs. Unless they are immediate, they can fend for themselves.

Question: "Who is one famous person you are ashamed of?, and what one thing (comment or advice) would you say to them?"
Answer: "I don't know. I'm not really in the celebrity loop even though I have subscriptions to Us Weekly and People and everything else. But really, that Lindsey Lohan. She seems like a really ridiculous person to me. Advice, stick with red hair. The blonde hair makes you look like you are sixty and you may just want to try not doing drugs. Life wouldn't be that bad without them."
My take: Agreed. I think someone should also tell her to wear sunscreen.

Overall, I think this is a well adjusted person we are dealing with. I give her a stamp of approval in the sane department.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

I feel like I know you so well now! Thank you Cory for taking the time to interview Ms. Catie.

The Travelogue said...

Catie,
You made someone switch schools? Awesome. I need to hear more of this story. The worst thing I ever did was tell some kid he couldn't play foursquare with us.

Cory,
I like your take on organ donation. I don't even give blood. What if I need it or something?

Love you both